In order to make matcha the right way, you will need to purchase some tools. Nothing too fancy but getting the right whisk is vital to the process. As you can see in the video below, I am using my Miaroo whisk and scooper, and wooden spoon.
Time to start making matcha, you will need these tools:
- Good quality whisk
- Teaspoon scooper
- Wooden spoon
- Bowl to mix
- Glass or cup to pour matcha in once it is ready
- Hot water kettle
Now that we have everything, below you will see a step by step for the process;
1. If you want you can sift the matcha in a strainer and press on it with the wooden spoon. (This is not a necessary step but I do it because I have found that my matcha has no lumps and is smoother.)
2. Once you have the desired amount of matcha in the bowl, you can pour a little bit of your hot water into the bowl and begin to whisk the matcha powder with the water. Do this for about 10 seconds.
3. Once the matcha starts to dissolve in the water, you can go ahead and pour more hot water in the bowl and whisk everything together for about 1 min or until you get a foamy, emerald green texture.
4. You did it! Your matcha is ready to enjoy. Pour the matcha from the bowl into your desired glass and enjoy:)